The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This new compile error was driving me mad! My project used to work, then I upgraded to a newer version of ECO.

There were 3 projects using an EcoSpace, 2 would compile but not the 3rd. In the end the solution was simple but annoying to track down so I thought I'd mention it here just in case anyone ever strolls across it and finds it useful.

In my licenses.licx files for the 2 projects I had the line

Eco.Handles.DefaultEcoSpace, Eco.Handles

but in the project that was failing somehow a strong name had been used, even though I originally entered it manually! Changing it back to the weak name fixed the problem.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Peter, which is the newer version of ECO are you using?

it is available to test?

Peter, I am using C# Builder 2006 and I am waiting for a release ECO for Visual Studio, while I have to lost time with the bug in C# Builder ect, I was thinking, if my model is a dll, and I am using the eco services to get and update data (I don't using expressionHandle, oclPShandle, not using binding), so will be very hard to migrate to visual studio 2005 the project?

any advice is welcome.

kind regards
Frank
It's ECO IV, the one currently under development.

Popular posts from this blog

Connascence

Convert absolute path to relative path

Printing bitmaps using CPCL