Showing posts from August, 2008

No more free disk space - Vista

My computer was recently running out of disk space. I couldn't believe it, I have 175GB on my partition, how could I fill it so quickly? I was considering buying a 500GB external drive to store my home videos etc on (which is where I assumed all the space was being taken) and earlier today I nearly went out and bought one too! I just decided to check where all that space was being taken up. Here are the folders on C and their sizes in GB apps 2.76 data 40.7 msocache 0.7 otherdata 0.8 program files 9.16 program data 0.9 users 1.64 windows 13.8 That's a total of 70.46GB, but Windows was reporting 173GB in use! I ran scan disk etc, no luck! Where was all the space being used? The answer was System Restore! After reading this article I realised my restore data was using 90GB of data! What a waste! I have now limited it to 10GB maximum. Can you believe that? It's ridiculous! Luckily I have just saved myself £70!

The contract name could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service

When trying to add a service reference to my SilverLight project I kept getting this error message The contract name xxxxxxx could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service I looked around the web and couldn't find anything of any use (yes, I had added ServiceContract to my interface). The solution was really simple! In my Web.Config I had the wrong interface defined. IApplicationService was defined in another assembly, one I had added a namespace to, so I additionally needed to add the namespace before the interface name. All I then had to do was to add the following attribute to the service implementing the interface and it seemed to import fine. [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode=AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]