2008-08-14

The contract name could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service

When trying to add a service reference to my SilverLight project I kept getting this error message

The contract name xxxxxxx could not be found in the list of contracts implemented by the service

I looked around the web and couldn't find anything of any use (yes, I had added ServiceContract to my interface). The solution was really simple! In my Web.Config I had the wrong interface defined. IApplicationService was defined in another assembly, one I had added a namespace to, so I additionally needed to add the namespace before the interface name.

All I then had to do was to add the following attribute to the service implementing the interface and it seemed to import fine.

[AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode=AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]

3 comments:

Nick Crisp said...

Hi Pete

Your code from the web.config isn't showing...

Nick

Secret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Secret said...

Hello All,

Below link provide a good explanation of one of the scenario for this error and solution for the same

http://www.a2zmenu.com/WCF/Contract%20name%20could%20not%20be%20found.aspx