No more free disk space - Vista

My computer was recently running out of disk space. I couldn't believe it, I have 175GB on my partition, how could I fill it so quickly? I was considering buying a 500GB external drive to store my home videos etc on (which is where I assumed all the space was being taken) and earlier today I nearly went out and bought one too!

I just decided to check where all that space was being taken up. Here are the folders on C and their sizes in GB

apps 2.76
data 40.7
msocache 0.7
otherdata 0.8
program files 9.16
program data 0.9
users 1.64
windows 13.8

That's a total of 70.46GB, but Windows was reporting 173GB in use! I ran scan disk etc, no luck!

Where was all the space being used? The answer was System Restore! After reading this article I realised my restore data was using 90GB of data! What a waste! I have now limited it to 10GB maximum. Can you believe that? It's ridiculous! Luckily I have just saved myself £70!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connascence

Convert absolute path to relative path

Printing bitmaps using CPCL